Thursday, August 8, 2013

A very important note about the JW articles I posted

I do not own the rights to any of the articles that I posted here.   They are all from Wikipedia.com or cultnews.com  and are the property of Wikipedia and cultnews.com .  I just use them to represent a certain topic such as introducing people to a dictionary view of the JW denomination of which I am an ex-member of.  I wanted to show the JW denomination accurately to non-members and in a more detailed way than I could provide.  I may disagree with most of the denominations beliefs and practices but I still believe in presenting the religion accurately even though Wikipedia is not entirely accurate and does not mention certain things.  I felt it was important to represent the ex-JW perspective too even if practicing JW's who are not supposed to go on to former members blogs or websites come on here.  I believe in showing both sides of the equation on this particular topic.  Now, some non-JW's who defend the WBTS that may or may not attend the JW 'churches' also known as Kingdom Halls can been seen to claim to believe in the JW denomination but are strangely not baptized or non-practicing which the denomination looks down upon or espouses some other religious viewpoint at the same time do strike me as a bit awkward. Yes, most JW's are good people but that doesn't necessarily make their beliefs true or moral nor does that mean that they don't cherry-pick their religious texts: namely the Jewish and Christian bibles.  I think the non-JW 'friends' i.e. defenders of the WBTS largely act biased and inconsiderate of former members experiences that they may have had and that is unfair.  Remember, there are two sides to every story.

The JW's do cherry-pick from these two texts which they claim to take literally but largely don't of course and I know this from my own personal experience. They don't see it that way and I'm not interested in expecting them to. My goal is not to deconvert any JW from these few articles I posted.  I am interesting in doubting JW's who are either practicing or nonpraticing ( that doesn't mean I will allow to comment on my blog though) and in ex-JW's experiences, especially atheistic ex-JW's or LGBT ex-JW's who are in romantically and sexually-active relationships with a partner or spouse of the same gender or having successfully completed a gender identity reassignment change.  I don't want practicing or non-practicing JW's who are highly religious posting on here anyways as you might get in trouble.  I honestly don't want to get you or see you get into trouble. How do you know I wouldn't report you to the WBTS? I could.  I most certainly would if you came on here and verbally abused me or someone else by making threats such as saying that your god's army is going to kill all non-JW's who born after the denomination's founding during the 'holy' battle that is to take place at the 'end-of-the-world' for not accepting the JW's as the ' one and only true Christian denomination and organized religion'.  Threats of annihilation are not tolerated anymore than threats of hellfire are.  These are MY blogs and I reserve the right to have what I wish to be posted on here.

I don't go on JW blogs or websites and leave trolling comments. That would be wrong.  I might read from them but I don't post on them because they are not for ex-JW's.  There are plenty of other places for ex-JW's to post, right?  The same goes for the JW's. Learn tolerance and respect for other people's property.

No comments:

Post a Comment